It’s impossible to find office snacks that please the entire company. With our various dietary restrictions, allergies, and preferences for food, we have managed to make it difficult for others to feed us. And yet, sure as rain, a couple hours after a meal your employees get up from their desks and wander to the kitchen in search of the perfect snack.
So what is it about sitting at our desks typing that makes snacking so enticing anyway?
Sometimes our bodies are low in blood sugar. When our glucose levels drop, we feel lethargic, exhausted, and starved of brainpower. This is when the protein bar in your bag comes in handy.
But the sad truth is that most of the time we’re just restless, not hungry. Even more reason to make sure the food people consume in the office carry some benefits to the consumer. Here are 12 healthy snacks for the office kitchen:
Provide Snacks with Physical and Mental Health Benefits
Consuming certain types of food – like snacks that are high in protein, amino acids, and antioxidants – can actually help the brain work better.
Some easy healthy snack options to stock the office kitchen are:
- Nuts: especially walnuts, almonds, cashews, pecans, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, pistachios, hazelnuts, and peanuts
- Fruit: especially blueberries, apples, bananas, strawberries, and oranges
- Low-fat cheeses
- Veggies and hummus
- Yogurt (sidenote: an interesting comparison between Greek and regular yogurt)
- Hard-boiled eggs
We’ve also done research on some great healthy snack brands that you can test out for your office:
12 Healthy Snack Delivery Options to Stock Your Office Kitchen
- 2 Degrees Food: Vegan. Gluten-free. Kosher. Fruit and nut bars.
- AbesMarket: Nuts, tortilla chips, protein bars, cheesy bites, gluten-free chocolate quinoa clusters, truffle almonds, dried fruit, chia bars…
- Bakery on Main: Granola bars, gluten-free bars, oatmeal.
- Brad’s Raw Chips: Kale chips. Veggie chips. Raw leafy kale.
- Crunchies Food: Vegan. gluten-free. Dried fruit, dried veggies, and organic options .
- Dang Foods: Gluten-free. Vegan. Coconut chips.
- Field Trip Jerky: All natural ingredients. Dried. Lean cuts of Top Round beef.
- Kind Snacks: All-natural. Whole nuts, fruits, and whole grain bars.
- Popchips: No oil. Zero trans fat. All natural. Popped instead of fried.
- Purely Elizabeth: Sugar-free. Vegan. Gluten-free. Dairy free. Granola minis.
- Snack Healthy: Dried fruit. Nut bars. Fruit and nut snacks.
- Somersault Snack: Nut-free. Sunflower and sesame seed nugget snacks.
We hope these suggestions help keep your office happy and healthy!