How to Install and Use the Fond Microsoft Teams App
The Fond Microsoft Teams app installation is a two-part process. Complete both parts in order to successfully send and view Fond recognitions on Microsoft Teams.
1. Click on the “Apps” icon located near the bottom left corner of Teams (on both web browser and app).
2. Type “Fond” in the search bar.
3. Select the “Fond” application. Note: “Fond (Staging)” should not show up in your search results. If it does for some reason, do NOT choose it.
4. Click the “Add to a Team” button.
5. In the search bar, enter the name of the channel that you want Fond to be added to.
6. For example, if you want to add Fond to the “Marketing” channel, you will see it displayed as an item on a drop down list as you type.
7. Once you select the appropriate channel, you will see a screen similar to the following:
8. Click on the Dropdown arrow next to the “Set up” button and select “Set up a tab.” It may take a few moments for the following screen to appear:
9. After clicking the “Save” button, a “Fond” tab will appear in a few seconds. A “Send Recognition” form will also be displayed. (The “Send Recognition” form will display every time you click on the “Fond” tab.”)
10. Repeat Steps 1 to 7.
11. Click on the Dropdown arrow next to the “Set up” button and select “Set up a connector.” (Do not select “Set up a tab” as you have already set that up in Part 1 of the installation.)
12. After selecting “Set up a connector,” you will see the screen below. Click the “Save” button.
13. In a few seconds, you will see the following screen that confirms you have set up the connector successfully.
How to view recognitions
Recognitions will automatically appear within a few seconds in the channel that you’ve connected to. Recognitions sent from any device (web browser, Teams app, mobile app, Slack) will all appear in the channel. The screen will look similar to the following:
How to send recognitions
Recognitions can be sent by clicking on the Fond tab on top of the channel. This will bring up the “Send Recognition” form that users can fill out and send their recognitions.
Tip: You can change the “Fond” text to anything you like (e.x. “Send Recognition”).